1. What league(s) are you/have you been affiliated with? Upstate Roller Girl Evolution(URGE) and GreenvilleDerby Dames(GDD)
2. How long have you been skating (derby)? I started skating in September of 2010 but due to some medical problems had to stop in November of 2010. I started back 120% in July of 2011, so 11 months.
3. How did you discover roller derby?I get a sports medicine newsletter every month and it gives the dates of local sports teams events. I saw it on there and thought it would be a great way to get in shape and have fun doing it.
4. List your notable derby injuries... Um lets see, I was full body checked by Madam Melee in September of 2011 and broke my left wrist in 5 places. Still not fully flexible in that wrist!!
5. What do you do to get in to “derby mode”? I try to relax and listen to Five Finger Death Punch or Mudvaineto calm my nerves.
6. How did you select your derby name and number? My husband said I should be Premeditated but I wanted to add Violence to it. My husband then countered it and said it should be Violets since purple is my favcolor. The number is actually the South Carolina police ten code for assault and battery with intent to kill. So, Premeditated Violets, 620 was born.
7. How do you pay the bills, feed your derby addiction? I work two jobs doing ultrasound and I am first aid and CPR certified.
8. Most notable derby accomplishment?Joining GDD and completing 90 laps in 17 minutes and 10 seconds.
9. Favorite food? Cool ranch Doritos and sour cream. Don't knock it till you try it.
10. Favorite derby moment? I actually have two. Asking Madam Melee to be my Derby Wife and her accepting, and making my first ever B team roster.
11. Any hidden talents off the track? I can sew and embroider, knit and crochet, although very limited.
12. Any hobbies besides derby? I have a knack for making baby blankets, burp cloths, dresses, and such.
13. Favorite book? Anything that has words.
14. Favorite song that gets you pumped for derby? Destroyer by Static-X
15. What celebrity should totally do derby? Queen Latifah, she could booty block the whole track! I love that woman!
16. Do you have Tattoos? I have lots of them and have lots more to get! What, where, and why? I have Winnie the Pooh characters around my right ankle, a memorial tattoo on my left calf for my first love who died very young (21 years old), several on my back, but my newest is my derby tat that my husband designed for me it is on the back of my right calf.
17. What is something that most people don’t know, or would never guess about you? I used to be a push over. I avoided confrontations, agreed with everyone else instead of having my own opinions, and I was miserable. Then my husband came along and helped me change that. Derby helped solidify it.
18. What was your previous athletic background, if any? I have never exercised or really played a sport till Derby. I played very little minor things in track and field for one year in high school. That. Was. It.
19. Which skater inspires you most, and why? I have two. First for obvious reasons, Madam Melee. She has been my friend and mentor and one of the few people who pushed me and kept me motivated when I was sick. The second is Holly Hunter. I have never met her and she doesn't know I exist, but I have seen her skate and she is an amazing blocker. I hope to be as good as her or better.
20. Do you have any advice for skaters just starting out? Do not develop bad habits. Listen to the coaches and watch your form. Even if it takes you longer to learn it or perfect it, it is better than trying to break bad habits and relearn it the correct way.
21. Favorite Derby Gear? 187 pads, I am still playing around with my skates to find what I absolutely love. I'll get back to you on that!
22. List 3 things that you plan to accomplish in 2012? Learn more strategy, perfect my booty block, balance, and quit popping up, and lose the fear of getting hurt so I can hit harder and take a hit better.
Greenville Derby Dames