1. What league(s) are you/have you been affiliated with? Greenville Derby Dames
2. How long have you been skating (derby)? 3 years
3. How did you discover roller derby? The company I worked for in Seattle did lighting for the Rat City Rollergirl's bouts. The first time I worked a bout I was hooked on the sport, however, it took me 2 years to get up the courage actually to tryout.
4. List your notable derby injuries: I haven't had any major injuries thankfully. However, I have had some pretty nasty cuts and bruises.
6. How did you select your derby name and number? I am a theatre electrician by day, so my name, Amber Rage, is a play off of amperage. My number is after a 400 amp panel.
7. How do you pay the bills, feed your derby addiction? My official title is Master Electrician.
8. Most notable derby accomplishment? Becoming WFDTA Apprentice.
9. Favorite food? Sushi
12. Any hobbies besides derby? Rock Climbing, Hiking, Swimming, Running...
15. What celebrity should totally do derby? J-Lo...have you seen her booty?
16. Do you have Tattoos? What, where, and why? Yes I have a celtic knot on my left wrist, a lower back design (I was 18), and 2 six shooters, one on each hip with a lime green star on the handles for GDD.
18. What was your previous athletic background, if any? I played basketball, softball, and soccer growing up but once I reach high school I focused mostly on competitive swimming.
19. Which skater inspires you most, and why? Any fresh meat skater that comes in and pushes herself to be better. She falls down and gets right back up to try it again and again. This is the drive that all great derby skaters need to have no matter how skilled you are. There is always something you can improve on.
20. Do you have any advice for skaters just starting out? Keep skating. You are not going to become an amazing skater over night. To become a true derby girl you must put in hours/days/months of sweat, tears, and blood.
21. Favorite Derby Gear? Protech Dent Mouth guard. I can actually communicate to my teammates on the track with this mouth guard in.
22. List 3 things that you plan to accomplish in 2012? Bring the SC State Roller Derby trophy back to Greenville, attend WFDTA Nationals in ATL, and beat Parth at Words With Friends.
Greenville Derby Dames